What is Plant-Based Omega 3?
Traditionally, the source for Omega 3 has been fish. And because of its fishiness, smell and oiliness, it was impractical to be used in Beauty. Plant-Based Omega 3 is, as it’s implied, 100% curated from plants. The characteristics of AO3’s Omega 3 oil is completely different from that of fish. It’s much lighter (not oily) and with no “fishy smell.”
What is the concentration level of Omega 3 in AO3’s products?
Omega 3’s concentration levels in AO3’s products are at amazing 40% to 57%. This is, as some say, “unusually high concentration” of Omega 3. The Cold Press Process utilized to extract the oil is painstakingly long and costly but necessary to maintain the integrity of Omega 3. In comparison, traditional concentration of Omega 3 in products sourced from FISH is between 18% to 30%.
How is the Omega 3 good for the skin and hair?
Amazingly, Omega 3 has many benefits when applied topically on the skin or hair. But among others, here are some of the benefits listed
- It helps with Photoaging (anti-aging). Photoaging is activated via the human skin damage attributable to repeated ultraviolet (UV) exposure from sunlight. Omega 3 helps to protect your skin from damages from UV exposure. (NCBI – US National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health)
- It is anti-inflammatory. Omega 3 oil is “reported to be useful for ameliorating dermatitis symptoms.” (NCBI)
- Helps with decolorization of the skin. Plant-based Omega 3 is “reported to reveal skin-whitening capability through the mechanism of tyrosinase inhabitation.” (NCBI)
- Omega 3 fatty acids are extremely hydrating. “They can improve skin barrier function to prevent water loss.” (Dr. Debra Jaliman, MD, board certified dermatologist in New York City and author to Skin Rules.)
- Omega 3’s anti-inflammatory properties “may also help quell redness in inflammatory skin problems including eczema, sunburn, and sensitive skin in general. The oils help repair the epidermal cell barrier, and helps increase skin strength and decrease DNA damage in the skin.” (Dr. Purvisha Patel, MD, board-certified dermatologist in Germantown, Tennessee)
- There’s some limited evidence that a topical application of omega 3s and omega-3 supplements encourage wound healing. (Dr. Debra Jaliman, MD)
- “Hair health is improved, as balanced sebum (oil) production works wonders in naturally conditioning the hair, preventing inflammatory scalp conditions and possibly dandruff.” (Kerry Yates, a trichologist in Dallas, TX)
In summation, Omega-3 has been proven helpful for maintaining skin homeostasis and ameliorating cutaneous abnormalities. It can improve skin barrier function, inhibit UV- induced inflammation and hyperpigmentation, attenuate dry skin and pruritus elicited by dermatitis, accelerate skin wound healing, and prevent skin cancer development. (NCBI)
Are your products safe for pregnancy and breastfeeding?
Yes, because all of our formulas are made with clean, healthy ingredients and our main ingredient is 100% Plant-Based Omega 3 oil. However, because each situation is different, we always suggest consulting with your physician to ensure that it is indeed the case for you.
Where are your products manufactured?
All of our products are manufactured in some of the most well-known and biggest manufacturers facilities in South Korea. We partnered with them to ensure the most cutting-edge technology, the cleanest facilities and the most safety in manufacturing process.
How to use
- Hair oil – Use 3-5 drops of oil in your hands and rub them together. Run your hands through your hair focusing on the ends. Style your hair with a blow dryer or comb it through with a brush.
- Facial Serum - Apply on cleansed and toned skin in the morning and evening. Place 3-5 drops of serum on palm of your hand and apply it over your face. Gently pat into your skin. Allow a moment for serum to soak into skin before moisturizing. Suitable for all skin types.
- Bio-Cellulose mask system - apply 3 to 5 drops of Face Oil first and then apply the Bio-Cellulose mask immediately after by peeling off the protective layers of the mask on both sides. Apply the remaining oil on other areas where hydration is needed. For maximum effect, apply the Facial Serum attached to the package the following morning.